Monday, August 3, 2015

WOOD AWESOMENESS!!!

My first commissioned work was the true opportunity that invented my passion for art,to pursue it as a part of my life.
When working for an social history project, the architect whom i was working for was shifting her house. 
Once when i saw her wooden decor items, i expressed my dream of painting those and giving a new life to it.
She gave the most welcoming smile and handed me those treasurous wooden items.
I had butterflies in my stomach and was equally excited to do it.
I stared at the wooden ink stand for few nights and was researching on ways to work on the medium.
I just sat with her and got all the history buried inside it.
It was a very emotional and valuable antique wooden decor used by her grandfather and was used before 85 years.



The initial process of making the wooden ink stand ready for the makeover!
As it was very old,it had to be dismantled carefully and dusted enough and rubbed enough with sandpaper to  remove the old varnish.

This was the final finished product binding all the qualities of her grandfather with the vinatge look.

An illusion of pens was created on the base of the stand


                                        Signature of the person was embedded with the date

Base of the wooden ink stand was conceptualized with putting the coined tamil words of her grandfather.

                      Inside was the added vintage look,with letters, address and the stamps



 Thus,the tale of wood started!!!
Love and light to all!!

No comments: